Monday, July 21, 2008

I'm neurotic. Yes, neurotic. I'm obsessive compulsive, more than most people know. It only gets worse the older I get and the more we're away from home, but I realize this. I develop patterns for my day to day routines, and am only truly happy (and not out of my mind stressed) when things go the same way, whether that means daily, every time, or whatever. I like things to go the same every day before we go onstage, before we go TO the stage, when I wake up, when I go to sleep. I like consistency in my life, but that's not to say that I'm not sometimes fairly spontaneous. But then I want whatever I did spontaneously to be consistent. When things don't happen like this, I freak out, I get stressed, I get anxiety. Yes, it's pretty crazy, but isn't that life?

Needless to say, I'm a much weirder person than most people know, but only say this all to show that even the people we look up to, admire, or even just care about are, at their core, still human. Still suffering. Still struggling with whatever mental obstacles God has put in their path.

Today was the best show of the tour for us. The crowd was so insane. It got me pumped up for Cincinnati. Dad and Jenna are coming out, and I'm really excited for that.

We're crossing into Canada as I type this so it might be a few days before it's posted.

We are so blessed, all of us, whether we can see it or not.

As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.
- James 2:26

Posted with LifeCast

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Well, then, Jeremy, I guess I'll have to come back to the Detroit Warped Tour next year too, so that my hero can be truly happy. Hahah! Just kidding! I hope that the rest of touring goes amazing for you and TDWP. You are in my thoughts and prayers every day. I give you all my love, Jeremy. Have fun!
"Jeremy DePoyster Is My HERO!"

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the tour's doing so well. Still, I wonder why the Puerto Rico show got cancelled...
Either way, I'm sure I'll be able to see one of your shows eventually.
Thank you, as well as the rest of the band, for inspiring us all. Little things, like being neurotic, just make you more human to us, which in fact, makes you all the more admirable.

God bless, Jeremy. Have a great time on tour.

Bryan De Leon said...

just a normal guy doing amazing things.
i love it :]

Ashley said...

It's nice that you can admit and accept that. I appreciate that. The attitude you have, it seems very positive. That inspires me.

Amanda Stanford said...

i love you dude:)

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm extremely OCD too and I completely understand where you're coming from. Unfortunately, consistency isn't something that you can find often on tour. You have my prayers and support. :] Just so you know, it is encouraging to know that people we look up to have problems that they face daily. And to see you guys living life to the fullest and being successful in what you love to do gives us hope as well. So thanks for being real.